While many people consider an umbrella policy to be over and beyond what’s needed, as an independent agent we know the majority of our customers will find an umbrella policy valuable.
Here's some information to help you see the full value of an umbrella policy.
How a Safeco® umbrella policy works
A Safeco umbrella policy provides an additional layer of liability protection that can be used with any Safeco policy or a policy from another insurance company, including boat, motorcycle, all-terrain vehicle and snowmobile. It kicks in when the underlying or primary policy doesn't provide sufficient liability protection.
A $1 million Safeco Umbrella policy, in most cases, is less than $200 for an annual policy.
Who could benefit from an umbrella policy?
- Drive a car or let someone else use their car
- Host dinner parties or other gatherings
- Participate in carpools or other group activities
- Own a home, rental properties or multiple residences
- Have young drivers in their household
What instances use an umbrella policy?
Nearly 85% of Safeco’s payments on umbrella claims are related to auto accidents, and over the past 12 months, 30% of those claims involved a pedestrian, motorcycle or bicycle. Below are a few examples of recent claims, all of which required a payout of more than $1 million. That’s much higher than any auto policy limits, so consult with us what might be right for you as Safeco offers limits up to $5 million.
- Customer hit gas instead of brake by mistake and ran through the front of a restaurant, seriously injuring several people.
- Customer didn’t see a motorcycle and pulled out, causing the motorcyclist to hit the side of the customer’s car.
- Customer’s car went off the road. The driver overcorrected, causing the vehicle to roll multiple times.
- Customer’s son was allegedly driving under the influence and hit a bicyclist.
- Customer accidentally set a fire in his apartment which spread to other units.
What makes Safeco a great choice for your customers?
Contact us to learn more about the Safeco Umbrella Policy at 512-454-4567.
- You can select from $1 million to $5 million in additional liability coverage.
- Safeco offers a "true” umbrella while many other carriers only offer an "excess" umbrella product. This means Safeco may cover other losses that otherwise would not be paid at all such as an auto accident in another country or libel or slander.
- Safeco’s umbrella product is open peril, so if it's not specifically excluded, then it's covered!
- You may be eligible for a discount on your homeowners policy when the umbrella is written with Safeco.