Affordable car insurance is something that everyone wants. Learn the basics of auto insurance so that you are better informed and can make decisions that impact the cost of insurance. Check out your declarations page for your car insurance with the tips below to see how you can save.
- Vehicle Information – As you shop around, be sure to submit to your vehicle identification number (VIN) to the rater. This can be found on declarations page. This will give the rater information for your physical damage rates.
- Policy Period – This is the period of time in which the policy is in effect. Car insurance policies can have a six month or annual renewal. When shopping for car insurance, make sure that your policy has not expired, as this could cause you to be placed into a sub-standard carrier. It’s best to shop at least one month before your policy expires.
- Liability Limits – This includes limits for bodily injury and property damage insurance. This would be one place to not cut costs. This is the part of the policy that reimbursements will be paid in the case that you may have injured someone in an accident, or damaged their car.
- Number of Drivers in your Household – If your household members don’t have any other car insurance, they will be listed on the declarations page.
- Physical Damage – Other information that is stated on your declarations page is collision and comprehensive coverage information for your car. Your deductible will increase or decrease your monthly premium. A higher deductible will result in lower monthly premiums. Contact us to talk about what kind of deductible fits in with your plan and budget.
These are some of the policy benefits found on your declarations page. Contact us for more information on discounts and other ways to save at 512-454-4567 or go online to get an Austin auto insurance quote. The more you learn, the more you can help make your car insurance more affordable.